Thursday, December 31, 2009

I鈥檓 in love with my friend who is already engaged to be married. What should I do?

Should I let her know my feelings for her or just forever hold my piece? I鈥檓 in love with my friend who is already engaged to be married. What should I do?
Just forever hold your piece. Obviously, she doesn鈥檛 love you, she loves that guy she is getting married to and there鈥檚 no point of telling her your feelings. You should have told her about your feelings when she was still single. Besides, telling her your feelings at this point might even jeopardize your friendship. I think it鈥檚 best that you just shut your mouth and focus your attention to somebody else and just be a good friend to her! I know it will be hard but who says life is fair?





I鈥檓 in love with my friend who is already engaged to be married. What should I do?
First of all, take a deep breath and see things clear. Be REASONABLE, that is observe whether you are infatuated or you are really devoted to this girl and you will be RESPONSIBLE of giving her your love, respect her, and know her. Keep in mind that she's about to get married, what goes around comes around, you might ruin 3 people's lives here. Say you tell her you love her, then she falls for you, her fiance is left devastated, then you make a life with her, you get bored, she starts to resent you, she leaves you and becomes an alcoholic. Or, you fall for her, you tell her, she falls for you, fiance is left devastated, you guys go on and date, you get engaged eventually, someone appears in her life that suddenly shakes her world, this guy (just like you) is debating whether he confess his love for this engaged girl or not, he finally does, then she tells you ';I'm so sorry, baby, but we can remain friends';. You are left devastated.





Sorry to be dramatic, but what I'm saying is that you take control of your emotions, don't let them control YOU. Be reasonable and see what's right. There are 6 billion people out there, do you really have to pick this girl?
I do know how you feel, but it's best to move on, keep your feelings to yourself and be happy for her.





What's that saying? ';There's plenty of fish in the sea.'; It's true and there is that special someone out there for you! It hurts, I know, as I've been in a similar situation as yourself. Yet, someone great will come into your life and things will be just fine.





All the best to you!!
You picked a fine time to start pondering this question. I would say a firm NO. You should have expressed your feelings way before she's engaged. Don't say something that will mean the end of your friendship with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment