Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it proper etiquette for a married women to accept a drink from another man?

I'm going to a bacheolerette party and I haven't been out with out my husband in a long time. So, I need some proper social etiquette advise!Is it proper etiquette for a married women to accept a drink from another man?
As long as you have your wedding ring on and you let the guy know that you are married go ahead and accept the drink. Make sure you get it from the bartender and not the guy. Some guys just want to make small talk and if you are with a group where a guy buys a round of drinks for everyone it would be rude to stand up and say ';I'm married I can not accept this.'; Not every guy in the bar is just some sex maniac trying to get you liquored up. If you are straight from the beginning you shouldn't have any problems. Free drinks are great.Is it proper etiquette for a married women to accept a drink from another man?
Its perfectly fine...its a free drink, not a contract (at least not in this damn country).





I buy a girl a drink as a courtesy and perhaps a way to spark a little conversation. Most of the women brush me off politely, others are completely indifferent to my existence and yet others react in abject horror by flinging the expensive top shelf martini in my face before regrouping with her friends who all join in mocking me.





Its all par for the course. The bottom line is, every guy who isn't a complete tool knows that buying a girl a drink means nothing. Enjoy the free booze. I need a *** **** drink.
No it is not if the man is trying to flirt and make contact with you. It is up to you to set the boundaries and honor your marriage. Just say, ';No thank you.';
It's not okay and you should go out with your husband more.
I dont think that if you are married that you should accept a drink from another man. I think that is leading him on and you shouldnt do that when you are married. I dont think you should be rude. I would just politley say no thankyou i am married.
l would never accept a drink from another guy if l was married.Buy your own and then you are under no obligation to anyone whatsoever.This way you have no one to answer to.
';I'm honored, however, I can't accept as I am in a happy marrige'; not only is it polite and respecting to your husband IT IS SAFE! you never know who its from! it could be spiked for all you know or the guy is not a well-minded person...
You have to feel you way through this one. I've been in several situation like this...some men buys a drink because they think it's equilavent to a telephone number or sex. A mature man will ask the waiter what you're drinking and then inform the waiter/bartendar to send the drink over...a mature man will just raise his glass from wherever he is just to say hey cheer here:) and then you never make contact physical contact.....there are still classy men left in the world...I have taken offers for men to buy me drinks since I've been married; in all 2 or 3 cases they have the bartendar to send it over...I've only had to get nasty with one guy....


Nevertheless, if you and your husband are good friends; talk to him and see what or how he feels...


You'd be surprise...but I'm certain you know most men have double standards....because it's no way that my hubby is going out with his homeboys..and a decline a drink from an attractive women....he'll tell you he didn't.or won't...but he's with his boys...he'll gladly accept...
If you tell the guy you are married and he still wants to buy you a drink then that's on him. You did your part,if he starts that are you happily married thing and starts sticking to you like gum,then ask him if you can buy him a drink and call it even and leave you alone. That's if you want him to leave you alone. That should work,but it's okay to go out and have fun and not have to tell every dude you are married, unless they get to agressive,like some guys do. You have to use good judgement some guy's you should not take a drink from at all. You'll know him when you see him.
Don't do it! Something is urging you to SIN. STOP!
I don't think that you should accept drinks from other men as it is leading them on. You should politely decline saying that you are married. Also it reduces the risk of someone spiking the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment