Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do i have to pay off my debt in canada before I can get married to a U.S citizen and move to the U,S?

Im a canadian citizen , my boyfriend is american. We are going to get married so I can move there and live and work there as well but I want to know if I have to pay off my canadian debt before I can go there. Also when you move to the U.S from Canada but you're not a U.S citizen yet can you still get credit?Do i have to pay off my debt in canada before I can get married to a U.S citizen and move to the U,S?
Information is shared between companies to whom you owe money and they may decide that while you would not be barred from travelling to the US, you may be denied any further credit.





As far as you getting married so you can move to the US, you may want to reconsider whether or not the US officials will see your marriage as an attempt to get some kind of status in the US.





Look, it's simple, pay off your debts.Do i have to pay off my debt in canada before I can get married to a U.S citizen and move to the U,S?
No. Canada does not have debtor's prison and welshing on a debt is not a crime. You will start in the USA with a clean slate as far as credit is concerned. This means it will most likely take you several years using very low limit, very high interest, credit cards to build up a credit score.
No





I have student loans still unpaid back in my old country.


I left that country 10 years ago.





Now I have student loans to repay in my new country as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment