Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is it possible to go to the US with my american fiance and get married there?

can i go to the US with my fiance and get married there without a fiance visa and then apply for residence while i am there. I want to live there with him until my visa is processed. I realise i would have to leave and reenter to have my passport stamped once i had the visa. any answers appreciated.Is it possible to go to the US with my american fiance and get married there?
Yes you can get married here...





In case you didn't notice, our whole nation is based on stuff like that. Freedom of ___ w/eIs it possible to go to the US with my american fiance and get married there?
Expect to be grilled by the Immigration Gestapo when you get there. they are not friendly and will throw you out at a whim. If I were you I would go through full procedure with the Yankee Embassy in London before flying over. Otherwise you will find just how unfriendly Yankee officialdom can be.
You might slip in and get married, but you'll have to leave while the visa is being processed. That's the law.
The answer is No! You need a visa to enter the U.S.





If your American fiance is in your country visiting you right now, don't make the same mistake that most people do....Don't get married there! It takes longer to process a petition for a spouse that it is for a fiance(e).





Your fiance should file an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) once he gets back to the U.S. It normally takes, under normal circumstances about 10 to 14 months to process this kind of petition. Once the petition is approved, the service sends the papers to the consulate overseas where the beneficiary (YOU) resides, then they will send you a packet with informations on how to apply for your nonimmigrant visa, and intructions on your medical exam and other supporting documents, and your appointment for interview before a consulate officer.





If your application is denied, they will tell you why, or if they just need additional proof/documentation, they will give you a chance to correct that problem and have you come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment