Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm 16, and my fiancee is 18 is there a loophole to get married without parental consent?

I know it might sound crazy to get married at a young age, but I've known this boy since I was four, and he's my world. I love him, but my dad ain't to fond of him, but my mom who lives in another state adores him. I wanna marry him by the summer. What can I do?I'm 16, and my fiancee is 18 is there a loophole to get married without parental consent?
That's a matter of local laws and citizenship. You cannot simply go to a place where it is legal. He could then be accused of kidnapping you even if you went willingly. The marriage would not be considered valid in such a case. You will have to check local laws. Talk with a lawyer.





Really, it won't hurt you to wait. It might stink, but it's better than the alternative. Yes, some places do have loop-holes. Usually they involve pregnancy. That's really not your best option.I'm 16, and my fiancee is 18 is there a loophole to get married without parental consent?
No
Sorry. All you can do is wait until you turn 18.


If you really love eachother you will make it work out until you can be married.
Go to Las Vegas baby!!!
WAIT!!!!!





You have known him since he was four so waiting four more years will not be that difficult. What is it about the reality of quitting school, earning minimum wage and barely being able to meet your rent and utility payments that appeals to you? Graduate from school, go to college and then consider marriage. At his age your fiance also needs to go to university, vocational school or college in order to get a decent job. The more prepared you are, the better the life that you will have. Love does not last long when you are scraping for every penny and can't do anything because you cannot afford it.
well - your dad probably doesn't adore him because he wants to marry a 16 year old.





If you adore him - you should probably wait until you're 18 at least - 16 is usually too young to take on such an advanced relationship - you should consider an education first - finishing high school should be job 1.





I can't think of very many good reasons for a 16 year old girl to get married to an adult. -





unless your dad is abusing you, or economic hardship or some other unknown unusual circumstance, get over the notion and finish school - otherwise:





get permission from your mother with a court document which gives you emancipation - adult status - and it does happen - you just have to have good reasons or permission from a parent - depending on which state - you may need both parents permission -





google - emancipation procedures and your state - should give you a starting place





good luck - and don't forget your education - you'll regret it if you disregard it.
Well whomever has legal custody of you has to sign.There aren't ANY states that will let you marry at age 16.I have checked this out on the internet recently.Please,Don't be too anxious to marry.If your dad don't like him, then experience is telling him something.Any time the parents don't like someone then most of the time they are right but you are too young to see that for yourself.Marriage is a serious thing and not taken lightly.It is not a Game.Children should not get married until they are full grown adults.If you both truly are meant for each other then this will wait until you are at least 18.If He can not wait for you ,then he is truly not the right guy for you.Life will not end if you can't get married right now.I know this from my own experiences and just life in general.Be patient.
Unless you are pregnant, but do not get pregnant to marry him. You should probably wait until you are at least of legal age, though. What's two years? That law is there for a reason, right? Legally, your mother could sign the paperwork if she approves.
wait till your old enough if he loves you he'll wait.
I think you should wait. I mean, I know it's your life and everything, but I know that I would never really feel right about it if I was ';cheating'; or using a ';loophole.'; I'd want something I could look back on and know without a doubt that I did the right thing, or that I was doing it the right way. 'Cause after all, marriage is a big step when you really mean it. I'd want my dad to walk me down the isle. Even if he doesn't approve of him, once you're old enough, could he really say no?





But like I said, it's your life. So if you really want to marry him, you might as well elope.
No, there is not a loophole. You are not yet an adult and therefore cannot sign a legal contract (which is what a marriage license is considered). You are WAY too young to be getting married. Finish high school, go to college, get a job and THEN think about getting married.





And for those people who will say get emancipated - that still won't help. If you are able to get emancipated (not likely if your parents are decent people), you still need parental conset to get married.
I'm sorry to say but no loophole. I tried to get married before at 16 and I definitely needed a parent permission.
lol, You're only 16. You don't know what you are getting in to.


If he actually loves you, he will wait until you are at the LEGAL age to get married and then marry you.


You can't get married if you are 16. The only way you can get married is if your parents sign for it saying that it's okay. Y'all can get fake IDs and what not and act like y'all are at least 18, but that would be pretty much pointless and a waste of money considering it still would not be legal.


The best thing for you to do is wait until you are 18.
well there is a reason you need consent...at the tender age of 16 you have no idea what your getting into why the rush you have your whole life ahead of you...you dont have to marry the man...start small dating is still and option
i would strongly encourage you to wait, at least until you've graduated high school. yes, it sucks, but where are you 2 going to live? why do you feel the *need* to get married to him right now, anyways?





the longer you wait, the more you'll know it's the right decision.





i doubt many marriages between a 16 year old and an 18 year old last.





please, you only have one wedding day. {one first wedding day, at least.} wait until you can make it be really special.





and graduate high school. don't forget that part. =)
I'll say wait just like everyone else.





That aside, it really depends on if your mom has any legal custody of you.


If she does than she should be able to give you parental consent to be married.


But if your father has full custody than you just need to forget about getting married for another two years.





Waiting is the easiest solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment