Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why is it people seem to get married to other soldiers in AIT or Basic Training?

I hear a lot of stories of how new recruits join and end up meeting their spouse while in military training. is it true?Why is it people seem to get married to other soldiers in AIT or Basic Training?
A lot of couples get married there for the purpose of moving out of the barracks. In fact, that is pretty common. The couples meet and think they are in love because of the time they spend together and the stuff they are doing together, the working together, acts as a ';bonder';.





My husband and I met at DLI (Defense Language Institute). We've been married 9 years and have 2 kids and the third due any day now. I changed MOS's and have moved up the ranks. He got out several years ago. So not all couples break up right after.Why is it people seem to get married to other soldiers in AIT or Basic Training?
I've never heard of Soldiers meeting in Basic or AIT and getting married. What you DO hear about all the time is Soldiers that marry their bf/gf from back home because they are leaving for the army soon. It's more money, and the Army will pay to ship all your stuff, and you get to have a house instead of a barracks room. It's true that there are a LOT of incentives to get married in the Army. But it almost never works. In my years in, I've seen countless couples divorced. All because they married someone they NEVER should have.
It's not Basic where they meet their spouses but the schools afterward. I am still, however, puzzled as to why this is. It seems that a lot of 18 and 19 year old, fresh fish, seem to think the best thing they can do is get married. Granted, the military pays people more when married but I don't think that is a GOOD reason to get married.
This happened to several people at my AIT. They got married for whatever reason and all have since gotten divorced. I could speculate as to why they got married and got divorced but I don't know for sure. Mostly I think it's just very young people confusing lust with love.
Alot of it happens because you see these people every day for a large amound of time, and being so young and nieve people think its true love. Out of the 3 couples i knew when i got there all 3 are now split up and seeing othor people....
Im with anon. I got married to a girl I met in AIT. We got married right after, moved to Germany. She is now out, I'm still in, and we are still happily married 3 years later.
No Clue about that, but i know alot of people get engaged before he/or she goes off to basic.......basically because you make more money if you are engaged
Why cant you just answer this one yourself? When you limit your choices for a partner and take away ones privilege to have sex, and them turn them loose after BCT graduation.......
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment