Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where do you find friends when you are married and 30?

I got myself in this situation where I dont really have any friends and I am starting to get lonely. I dont want to make friends with the people I work with outside of work and I dont want to go out alone. So what other ideas do you? If I look for friends online how do I do that? I am not about cheating just looking for someone to talk to, relate to hang out with. Why does that seem like too much to ask at a certain point in life? Where do you find friends when you are married and 30?
lol! i totally understand you, i like friends too, but for some reason after getting re-married I lost all my friends.





I can use a friend if you want one. And trust me I would hessitate making friends online. but we can be friends : ) if you're here in caliWhere do you find friends when you are married and 30?
Try to find something that interests you, and seek out other people who are interested in the same thing. I.e., you can join a club, volunteer, go to lectures, take classes. It's always easier to make friends with someone when you actually have something in common. I met a lot of my friends when I joined the SCA (it's a medieval reenactment organization).





P.S. There's nothing wrong with meeting people online - same rules apply as in meeting in real life: don't trust random people, meet them through a trusted source, get to know someone, don't give out private information. With my interest in history, I was a part of an online historical RP community for years, and I met many people there who became my friends (some of them I've known for 10 years now). Again, key thing here is to develop your interests, follow them and find like-minded people to talk to and spend time with.
I'm in the same situation, I'm 30 and married, husband is 38. He has no desire for friendships with anyone, but I think it would be nice if we were friends with 3-4 other couples. We're mostly homebodies so that's probably our problem, however, we love the simplicity of our lives. I guess take up a hobby and hope other couples do too, or join a church group - do something where other couples are so you can have the option of meeting them and talking.
You can make friends through common interests. If you are into biking or skiing etc. you can join a local group of your age people. If you do not have a group in your town then you can form one. You can do many activities with the people in the group. Your place of worship could also be a good source of making friends. Flash that 100 watt smile and you will attract friendly people like honey attracts flies.
Clubs that are about your hobbies, churches, volunteering, community events, classes.


My husband and I started taking ballroom dancing lessons and we've made a lot of acquaintances and I think a few will develop into friendships. We also made friends at our church
There is nothing wrong with wanting friend but don't be so desperate that you will settle for anything. Are you married? If you are single, try church or ask some of the people you work with what they do.
You can find friend in church, activity group, book club........ Nothing wrong with going out by yourself either but try these places. The internet is too scary to meet friends. You have all types of crazy on here.
you can join a book club. they never stop talking and are not boring.





take a class at the local community college.





adult education class.





take a flower arrangement or ceramics class.





etc.












How about going to church that is a good place to start making friends.
What's wrong with the people you work with????? Most of my friends are because of where I worked or work at now.
GOOD QUESTION !!!





All my friends dissed me when I got married !

No comments:

Post a Comment