Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does it matter if my ex gets married and owes me child support?

I was wondering if anyone from Illinois would know if your ex gets married does it affect your child support in any way? My ex already doesnt work but incase he gets a job and gets married do they include the wife's pay along with my ex's pay on how much support he pays me?Does it matter if my ex gets married and owes me child support?
Yea, it matters to him. Now he's got to support his new wife, and yours too!Does it matter if my ex gets married and owes me child support?
I've worked in the child support system for about 15 years and I know that in the majority of states the wife's income cannot be touched. Even if they ask for the tax returns that are joint the judge still breaks down which portion of the income is his and which portion is hers. The only person who has the legal obligation to care for the child is the father regardless if he's married. I've seen many women upset because their exes spouse makes six figures and she cant touch a dime of it.
I am not certain about the rules in Illinois but where I live, child support is based on how much he makes. It is my understanding that if he gets married, they add her wages to his and make the decision based on the full amount. That is the reason why some guys just 'date' so that the girlfriends wages are not affected
It depends on the state you live in. But if you think it would be cool to take his new wife's hard earned money to support your kids, I'd disagree with you. The responsibility, both financial, emotional and physical, should belong to you and your husband. She had nothing to do with conceiveinging those children.
As a man that pays out the nose, I can tell you my new wife's money is the only way i survive, so no you can't have HER money too! Get real.
Some states do in deed use household income in calculating support orders so it could be in your benefit depending on your states laws.





Mary in Camden, MI
His wife doesn't have to pay for his children, no. If he gets a job then yes, he needs to not only pay but make up for what he already owes...
Lol u got pwned noob
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment