Thursday, January 21, 2010

For those of you who have been married, were you wed in a civil or religious ceremony?

Do you believe it makes a difference?For those of you who have been married, were you wed in a civil or religious ceremony?
Religious ceremony.





Of course it makes a difference. Marriage is a religious coveneant with God - not just some fun party time where some bumbling man from the courthouse declares you legally married.For those of you who have been married, were you wed in a civil or religious ceremony?
Religious. Yes, I think being married by a preacher in a


church setting and vowing to God and one another to love one another in sickness and in health, richer or poorer, etc. makes a big difference. I've been married to the same gentleman for 50 years,


have two wonderful children, and six super grandchildren, none of


which have ever been in trouble with the law, had babies out of


wedlock, none have tattoos or piercings, and all have jobs and


work hard to have nice things t hey want. I see too many throw-


away marriages now-a-days. Kids have too many stepdads, etc.
I have been married for 25 years. First and only marriage for both of us. We were married in the meadow of Lower Yosemite Falls. We met there, fell in love there, so that's where we got married. By a judge. And no, to us it has made no difference. Even tho my husband has a Catholic Priest in the family and my aunt is an Ordained Minister. It only makes a difference to people that have a strong religious background. Most of the people I know that have gotten divorces and cheat, etc. were married in churches and before God.





We were surrounded by people we loved, in one of the most beautiful places on earth. And ultimately, a busload of Asian Tourists walked through the middle of our wedding and stayed to watch. ROFL. Yes, the camera's came out and flashbulbs were popping! So somewhere, at least 75 people in Asia have pictures of us getting married! THAT doesn't happen in a church does it!?
It was both – We got married on a Pontoon Boat with water lilies adorning everything. We got up that morning and collected each and every lily. (I’ve been told we broke the law)





But an ordained Minister tied our knot, but not without a “license” provided by the state. I don’t think that a “marriage” has anything at all to do with either the church, or the State. If our Government recognizes “love” than it matters little who it is, that is; “in love”.
Civil ceremony. I really dislike a lot of fuss so it was short, sweet, with a few witnesses. The marriage lasted almost 15 years until I was widowed. It did not make any difference to me or to my hubby. We had a wonderful life together.
Which time? LOL. Last marriage was civil. It has lasted 23 years. The others weren't, obviously the religious thing didn't matter.
My first one was a huge 40K$ full blown service...it lasted 18 months to the day...she had a terminal illness...every time I left the city limits, her legs flew apart...so I had to bail.





The second was a JP and we are working on 16 years...
Civil. Never occurred to me that a church blessing would make us any more or any less any differently married. Whether people want to be blessed by a church or not, it's up to them. If you want it, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment