Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why can my boyfriend talk about getting married?

With just me but gets uncomfortable when I bring it up in front of other people? I don't even get detailed I'll just say something like ';would it be cool to get married in the summer?'; and he gets freaked out but when we're alone he spills his guts about getting married. He told me he wants a fall wedding and he would like either blue green or orange for colors. But we're not engaged yet.Why can my boyfriend talk about getting married?
That is why he panics.... you aren't engaged yet... quit doing that or you may remain un-engaged....Why can my boyfriend talk about getting married?
Some guys are really private and would not like everyone to know their business. I'm actually like this myself. My Fi and I would talk about marriage in private all the time, but I hated when others would bring it up prior to our engagement. It made me uncomfortable, because we were unsure at the time about when things were going to happen (for financial reasons) and then everyone would ask things like, ';Well, why? What are you waiting for? Is it money? What?';





It just brought up a lot of questions that I wasn't willing to discuss with people. But, that was my right to keep my business private. I didn't mind people asking if we planned to ever get married, the answer was always ';yes'; But, I didn't like people trying to force dates or time frames out of us. It made me uncomfortable.





Talk to him about it and ask why it's making him uncomfortable.
We women are quite comfortable talking about what's going on in our lives and sharing many of our thoughts. Many men are not as comfortable.





Back off on the wedding topics around other people for a while and let him get more used to the idea.
He probably feels more pressured when you talk about it in front of other people.
maybe he just doesn't want other people to get the idea that you two are getting engaged just yet. but it seems like hes definatly considering asking u. good luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment