Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My fiance is transfering from USA to London for work. If we are married can I work in anywhere in the EU?

His work will sponsor his transfer to their corporate office in London and when we are married will I automatically be able to apply for a work permit to work anywhere I want in the EU? Does it have to be England or could I work in Spain while he works in London? Would I then be able to get a EU passport?My fiance is transfering from USA to London for work. If we are married can I work in anywhere in the EU?
No you will not :


The fact that he is in the UK on a work visa will not allow you to go work in the EU.


You could eventually work in the UK,but it has nothing to do with the EU.


http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/working鈥?/a>


As for the passport ? No such thing as a EU passport exist.


One country at one time.


You eventually become a UK citizen in time.My fiance is transfering from USA to London for work. If we are married can I work in anywhere in the EU?
You are welcome and thank you ;-)

Report Abuse



No, not if you are coming as a dependent. A condition of this visa is that you live together in the UK. Permission to work in the UK only grants permission in the UK. As a non EU citizen you would still have to apply separately to Spain and in your own right. Your dependent visa gives you no residence or work rights outside the UK.





EDIT Just to make it clear, as a dependent of a Tier 2 Sponsored worker, you can work in the UK.
NO you can only work in UK like he can only work in UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment