Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How many gals have been to numerous wedding's caught the flowers! Did you actually get married though?

just taking a poll..i do not think i have ever caught them..How many gals have been to numerous wedding's caught the flowers! Did you actually get married though?
I'm 5'8 without heels... and ever since I was 15, I was with the single ladies trying to catch the bouquet...and usually always did.





I'm 27 now and am not planning on getting married until next year... so unless no one at those receptions has gotten married in the past 12 years, I wouldn't take ';catching the bouquet'; too seriously :-)How many gals have been to numerous wedding's caught the flowers! Did you actually get married though?
I caught the bouquet three times in a row within a couple months of each other. In fact, after the first one I made a point to not ';try'; to catch the others and really didn't even want to go up there but was nagged into it by friends. The second time the bouquet arched perfectly over the other girls and landed in my hand as I tried to get out of the way and the third time came straight toward my head and I accidentally caught it out of reflex.





Crazy thing is, my fiance proposed that summer and we're getting married next year. Coincidence? Absolutely. It'll be a fun story for the kids someday, though.
I caught the bouquet at my aunts wedding in May and I am getting marred this coming May. There were only 4 girls trying to catch it and I was the tallest, and I think they all let me catch it since everyone knew I was alreay getting married. Also when it was time to catch the garter the guys planned it so my fiance would get it and it wouldnt be awkward if my uncle did and had to put it back on me!!
Well, I guess I'm a rarity. I caught the bouquet at my best friend's wedding and got engaged less than two months later. I'll be the next one in our group to get married.





Here's the thing...my fiance told almost everyone that he was going to propose soon, so the girls pretty much stepped out of the way and let me catch it. I had NO CLUE until he proposed. After he did, my friends told me what they did. They thought it would be really cute. How cool is that?
Well, at my uncle's wedding his wife kept chucking her bouquet at me and then 2 months later I got engaged. The engagement was in the talking stage for a while before I even went to the wedding, but my uncle's wife still thinks she had something to do with it.
I always try to avoid catching the bouquet...even when the bride purposely threw it at me!!!! Only because I didn't want everyone telling me I was going to be the next one to get married. What garbage!!! It's just an old wives tale. I'm getting married in December and I'm not even going to bother to throw my bouquet..that's how much I don't believe in it.
I've caught two bouquets at weddings ... but I was not the next bachelorette to get married after those weddings. One I caught when I was 10 and the other was when I was around 15 or so. That was almost ten years ago, and I am just now getting married. It's just an old wive's tale.
I caught the bouquet at my next oldest sister's wedding - and yes, I was the next person in the family to get married, four years later!
I think that is just an old wives tales. Most people get married eventually, whether they catch the bouquet or not.
Caught one at 14, been with the same guy since I was 17 Married at 20. Still with him...haven't caught anymore, never leaving my Sweet Pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment