Sunday, January 17, 2010

How young is too young to get married?

I'm about to turn 17 and my boyfriend and I have been dating close to a year. He's 20 and is more ready to get started in life than I am. He wants to get married when I graduate. I love him, but I don't know if it's a good idea to marry that young...How young is too young to get married?
Wait and see where things are when you graduate, then when the time comes sit down and talk about both of your feelings about the matter.He should be willing to wait for you, since he knew about the age difference when you got together.Obviously you two are at different stages at life, which you two should have known when you started dating.How young is too young to get married?
Well it is all a personal decision. I do know many people who married young and regretted it. They felt that they 'grew' up too quickly, and did not really have much time to enjoy young adulthood because they were too busy dealing with their family.





Honestly at just 17 years old there is still so much that you have yet to learn about the world. In addition to this you change dramatically over the years. By the time you're 23 chances are you'll be a much different person than you are now. You may not even like the same things you do currently. This can be in the case of relationships too.





My advice would be to wait it out a couple years. Experience the world for yourself at least wait until you are 20 to get married, the last thing you'll want is to be signing divorce papers when you should be enjoying your young life. I am not saying your boyfriend is a bad guy and that you guys are doomed, but you truly have the rest of your lives to get married. Invest in promise rings for each other if you truly feel committed to one another.





Right now focus on yourselves and your relationship. Just enjoy being boyfriend and girlfriend...it's far different from husband and wife.
Harmony - everyone is different! But having said that there is a lot of things out there, a lot of life to be experienced. Some of these things can be experienced together but think hard on this because once you get married and start a family you will find your life settling into a routine, as I said for some this can be good. But as you get older you will find that you change and you might regret not being able to do certain things that you would have been able to do if you were single.


If the love that you have for each other is strong then a few years should not have any effect on that... I wish you the very best what ever you choice to do - just remember the old saying you make your bed you lie in it......
If he has great financial stability, has good job, has basic things like cars and house to stay ad you believe he is matures enough, you can get married in any age.





But honestly for me, you both really really so young and not ready for marriage. Why? Ask yourself. Do you both in good financial situation?Is he has work? And what is his job? and all the condition above.





I date my husband 4 years before we get married and You know, in 1 year you cannot know him enough.
I am more concerned about your bf's age more than yours. Its such a cliched thing to say but for especially boys they need to have their fun, and this usually happens in their early 20's. Its a generalisation but I believe they need this time to find who they are and what they want in life.





By personal experience, I married at 21 and my hubby was 30, I had a little bit of fun to know what is out there and to know that I am not missing out on anything. And I can say the same thing for my hubby.
The only reason age is ever a factor is that if you marry young you won't get to experience life outside of marriage, which could lead to some problems later on, and that people change as they get older. Your ideas about life and love may become very different from your husbands. If you think that you love him enough to spend the rest of your life with him, and to grow and change with him, then you should. But it sounds like you have some doubts, so listen to yourself more than anyone else in this matter.
I was married at 18 and my bf/ ex husband was also older and more ready than I was. From personal experience, I suggest you wait. We were divorced after a few years of marriage, had children very young, and I felt rushed into a lot of things I was not ready for. 18-25 is a good time to discover who you are, when you get married so fast it's hard to get the chance. Let yourself grow up first and if he is the one and loves you he will wait and understand.
Well, why do YOU think it might not be a good idea?





There really is no right or wrong age, or answer.


But sit down and think about your situation, and why getting married at that age might be a bad idea.





Obvious things come up like, if you get married, will your parents still support you, or will you be expected to get a job and move out? What job can you expect with only a high school diploma? That sort of thing.


If you're one of the lucky few who can get in to a good job right out of highschool, then it may not be a bad idea, but that's not the norm at all.
Well, i think its best to start a life then add someone into it. Have a career and school behind you. Then get married after you a financially settled.





I think age doesn't measure if someone should get married. I think its more so based on maturity. Good Luck! :)
I think you're both too young to get married.





Both of you should wait till you're at least 25.





Finish your education. Go to a university or college. Join the workforce. Get a steady job. Build up a reasonable savings account. Travel the world. Do cool things.





*


*


*
personally i do think that is too young.


i would wait until you are at least 19.


21 would be better. at least then you could both legally drink to a toast.
Anyone under 26 yrs is too young!


Learn about yourself first, then look at growing with another.

No comments:

Post a Comment