Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is it completly terrible for a 22 yr old college student to get married and have children?

It's not terrible at all. I'm a 21 year old college student with a baby and married. We got married long before we got pregnant. I found that my daughter provides a little extra motivation for my degree because I want better for her. Just because you don't do things in a conventional manner doesn't mean its wrong. It's your life and as long as your happy, who cares? Your family will come around, if thats the issue, mine did.Is it completly terrible for a 22 yr old college student to get married and have children?
At last, and thanks, you've made my day, finally someone who actually thinks about marriage before children.


No it's not terrible, in fact it shows very good upbringing and you will make a good roll model.


Good Luck.





California Girl:';And RondaD, do you think those single mothers WANT to be single mothers on public assistance?? ';


I would like to offer a reply to this one, even though it was not directed at me.


Answer, yes, I do think they desire to be on public assistance for these illegitimate kids. With all of the methods of birth control available today, there is no excuse for this behaviour to take place. These girls that give birth should think about the consequences before giving in to sex, if not fully able to support and care for the results.


Sorry, but it's the truth. What ever happened to the morals in this country?Is it completly terrible for a 22 yr old college student to get married and have children?
no, that's wonderful!! i have a friend who is 23 and a college student and married! she doesn't have kids though, but she probably could if she wanted them!
Nope.





:)
No!! If it was terrible then I wouldn't have the same life as I have know!! I graduated from college when I was 21(a month before I turned 22). I married my husband two months later. Then the following January(I was 23) we had our first daughter!
No, not at all. I've known several couples married in their college years.





If you can make it work then why not.
No, we women can have it all. It doesn't mean you have to quit college or have your kids tomorrow. Go for it. I am woman hear me roar.
No! If it's the right time for you and your future husband, go for it. Just be aware it might be a little harder to focus and study, you might have to put a little more effort on disciplining yourself to keep up with your schoolwork. But I have three friends who got married in college (one right before their junior year and two before their senior year) and one of them had a baby her senior year and still finished on time. Just don't get married and drop out...my mom did that and really regretted it later, especially since she'd only had a year left.
It's up to you, it's your life. Being that you're young and still in college, being married and having children will make it much, much harder for you to meet your goals.





Marriage is VERY difficult and something that you must work at everyday. Having children on top of that tends to compound the problems that already exist. And then on top of that you'll have classes, homework, research, papers, and maybe even part-time work. Usually, something has to be sacrificed in order for everything to work and more often than not that thing sacrificed is schoolwork.





You have to decide for yourself how important going to college and getting your degree is to you and compare that with how important it is to get married and have children. And, just remember when you're thinking about this that You have PLENTY of time to get married and have a family. You may NOT have a lot of time to enjoy being in college and get a degree.





Peace,


Jenn
Nope, not for me at least. I am in my mid-twenties, married, have a child, and go to school. It is very difficult at first, with a brand new baby, but it gets easier.
Why would you think this...................... She's mature enough to raise a child - so what's the problem.......................
No, you are an adult and if you want to get married and start a family that's your choice. I would recommend that you finish your education before you have children though. I married and started my family when I was young. Going back to school is harder than finishing the first time around.
No.


And RondaD, do you think those single mothers WANT to be single mothers on public assistance?? You may need help yourself someday, and you would be hurt if people treated you the way you are treating others who need help.
If you want to get married and have children, who cares what other people think? Dont let the feminist mafia think that you cant get married and have kids at a young age instead of becoming a ';career bitc*';. There has never been and will never be anything wrong with it!! :)
No. 22 is an adult and can decide what they want to do. Financially it might make more sense to marry and wait until you're done with school to have kids, but I know many of my college classmates had kids and managed to work it out.





Go with your heart.





My best friend got married at 20 and had her first child at 21, and she's still married 25 years later.
No--as long as it is a mature decision and everyone is living up to the most they can be for them selves and each other. And love each other....
What? Is this a real question? Everyone now a days gets married older and older and has children later and later which leads to more and more fertility issues. I'm 24 and got married at 20 and have 2 kids and me and my 23 year old husband are so much happier than any of my single friends.
no its not terrible at all.
Not at all, but get married, and wait until your done with school to have the kids!!!!
no!


i think it's awesome!


as long as you love your husband and your child.


that's all you need.


love.


**
Thank goodness they want to get married and have children. I am happy to read this instead of another question about a single pregnant woman wanting me and other taxpayers to pay for her kids!!!
No way! I am not terrible =)
Nope. If people are giving you greif just tell them its your life, they don't have to like it. (That would be the advice my grandpa would give you lol)
No. I was married at 19!
No it isn't? Why should it be? Many young adults get married and have children while they go to college. My aunt was in teachers college when she got pregnant with her first and graduated in her 9 month. I don't see any problem with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment