Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Have you ever met someone who married another just to gain citizenship?

Is that immoral?Have you ever met someone who married another just to gain citizenship?
I have met people who have done exactly that...it's not only immoral, but it is against the law...it's called marraige fraud....punishable by 10 years in prison and a 250000.00 fine...I think it takes away from the sanctity of marriage...Have you ever met someone who married another just to gain citizenship?
I knew a couple in Scotland who did that back in the 1970's. She had grown up in Scotland but had no right to stay. He was a good friend of hers and married her so that she could stay. They divorced amicably after she got her British Passport. She was still at University then and since graduation has been working hard as a family doctor in some of the most deprived areas of Scotland. She has given the UK a lot more than she took from the country.
I don't know if it's immoral but it's certainly illegal.
yes, myself, and am still married to the woman for 16 years. it is immoral if after gaining your citizenship you call it quits, but on the other hand if you are living in hell, i will advice you look for heaven.
well basically i am considering just that, my south african boyfriend and i are considering getting married so he can stay in the UK but hes already been here 5 years and they just decided hes not welcome nemore, he hasnt done anything wrong tho!
yes - i heard of a polish woman marrying an iraqi for money so he would be able to stay in the country - i mean wtf!
These people (and their spouse) should be deported!
Yeah...a bunch of them..... they're all sucks!
No and yes.
Yes, I know a handful. Some, in the dark of the night will even admit it.


I find the practise gross. I know of several who have done it for no other reason than to make money doing it. About $10k is the cost/reward.
I don't know anyone like that but I have heard of it.


People will do anything they can to become part of the US.


It may be immoral to some people but to them it is sometime more moral that the circumstances where they come from.
No, never come across that, and I'm married to an Iraqi myself. We've been married for 4 years now and he has citizenship.
I never met anybody who married another just for a benefit in person but I've heard of them. Just goes to show that marriage is a mere joke to many people.
i know a few people from Europe who did this.


not it's not immoral, it's survival for some.
yes i know many people,many of my friends and cousins have married people from uk, us, and canada for citizenship.


i think it is wrong but those people probably knew it from before, i think it is wrong when u make someone believe that u love them but actually u marry them becouse u want a passport. but if 2 parties agree then its ok.
yes I have...met a woman who married an italian in the early 80s and she paid him 拢10K but he kept coming back for more and more and over the 8yrs she lived in Rome she paid him 拢42K..finally the daft tart..decided she'd had enough and came back to the UK...
No I never have and no it is not immoral. In fact I am looking for a lady who is willing to marry someone to get their citizenship.
I haven't met anyone like that, too
I havent met anyone like that and i think that is really sad.
No more than for some one money or because they look hot
yes and yes. in my eyes its more than nasty and i told the person i hope they rot in hell. messing with people's lives isn't good.
No immoral.


Most of the times, these people are trying to better themselves and why not. This is the land of opportunity. We are all immigrants anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment