Thursday, May 13, 2010

Calling all those who are/were married! Do most people who marry end up regretting it?

It seems that the divorce rate is at an all-time high and I have even heard some friends of mine, who have remained married, complaining that they are not happy. They won't divorce usually for financial reasons or just plain fear of going it alone even though they envy the single life. Opinions please? Do most of your married friends feel happy or not?Calling all those who are/were married! Do most people who marry end up regretting it?
I don't regret getting married. It was the best thing that I've ever done. I've been with my husband for 35 years. He is my best friend, and we have a great life together.Calling all those who are/were married! Do most people who marry end up regretting it?
I love being married. Most of my friends are very happy as well. The one that wasn't got divorced, and is now bilssfully in her second marriage.


I think some people marry for the wrong reasons. I also think a lot of people are unwilling to make the changes with themselves to make a relationship work. (If you only work at it if you partner does first, neither of you will ever get anywhere. You have to be willing to make the first move) and I think a lot of people just enjoy complaining.


That is just me though... :)
Marriage is a decision too many people take lightly. Just because you're married and madly in love with each other doesn't mean that everything will go smoothly. A marriage takes patience and constant work. I believe if both people want to be together and want to make it work, anything is possible. But remember - it takes *two* people to make a marriage work.





Remember, no one can make this decision for you. If you love someone and want to be with them, it doesn't matter what the statistics say or if other people are happily married - it's about the two of you!
I am happy with mine, and most people that I know are happy with theirs. The marriages that I see struggling are the ones where the couple should have never married in the first place. Marriages fail because people are weak. Things start to go bad, and instead of trying to work on it and make it better they give up and just want out, then this circle continues for them forever.
Thats not easy to answer, some people marry for the wrong reasons. they think marriage can give them that ';thing they are missing from thier lives'; The truth is that marraige is work and you will only get out of it as much as you put in.





If you dont have your life right from the start marriage isnt going to fix it and you will regret it.
I met my husband when I had just turned 18. We've been together since. He's my best friend and I love him more everyday. I'll never regret marrying him. He still makes me laugh everyday, he still tells me I'm beautiful, even when I was as big as a house while pregnant. I don't envy single people at all honestly. We're still just kids ten years later. :) Alot of marriages fail because there's no compromise and no communication. The biggest thing a marriage needs is friendship. If you can't be friends with the person you intend to marry, then the relationship is doomed to fail. That's just my opinion. ;)
Well you shouldn't live life with regret so I will say no.





I was married and I have two gorgeous boys that I can't regret ever!


I made a choice to be happy and got divorced, my take is you live and learn.





I think more people are getting divorced now because the old fashioned thinking is out the window. Now a days people are like.. you don't make me happy, you don't want to try or you cheat.. I am outta here! And I think that is cool.





People need to just remember that regret is wrong.. regret is anger and bitterness... you were at one point happy. Just take it for what it is!
I regretted getting married, but that was because as soon as I had something legally binding I wanted to get out. And it wasn't working so probably shouldn't have got married in the first place!





The people I know who are doing the best at being married all got married within 2 years of meeting their other half, and they were all over 30 at the time.





The happiest couple I know have been together for over 25 years and aren't married.





It's a good thing if you are going to have kids, but if not, then what's the point?





I'm not planning on doing it again!
I am married 7 months. Together nearly 9 years. We have 2 daughters 4 years and 11 months. Things went down hill drastically after we got married. He has been unhappy, not wanting to be around me, going out with his friends all the time and drinking like a bloody teenager. Now he has told me he is not sure that he loves me anymore, cant take the misery and wants it over. Yes he has ended the marriage and I am devastated. I would never have got married if I knew that this was what was going to happen. I probably have the shortest marriage ever.
I was married for 14 years.We seperated almost 2 years ago.





I dont regret getting married to my husband we did have some good years.And very happy times.


The last 5 years were awful .For that i do wish i had left sooner once i realised it was over and do regret hanging it out.Wasted years.





It was hard financially for me .And now we are going through a messy divorce.Not nice at all.





Would i marry again ..no.
There will always be times when we hate our spouses, then there are other times when we know we couldn't live without them. It's all part of life I'm afraid.


At this particular time in my life I hate my spouse, but it could all change in an instant.
The number one reason men stay married isn't love, it is that they can not afford to get divorced.





That said, I still know plenty of happy couples, myself included.
people jump into marriages too quickly these days and then don't want to put in to work


relationships aren't easy %26amp; people these days only want easy - when they realize they have to put in effort then they regret it
Sometimes you do feel happy and sometimes you don't.
Most that I knw including myself are happy 90 percent of the time.We all have our days.
No i have been with my husband for 16 years married for 5 of them, i don't regret one single day..And the friends i have feel the same, so do my sisters..
i met my husband 13 years ago, have been happily married for 7 years - if it's good, it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment