Monday, May 10, 2010

Can a separated woman use her maiden name as her signature if she's still legally married?

My wife left me and I noticed on 2 occasions, one being on my son's report card, that she signed using her maiden name, but she took my name when we married and my last name is on her driver's license. Does that make her maiden name signature invalid? Best answer gets the points. Can a separated woman use her maiden name as her signature if she's still legally married?
No she can't do that. I tried that too. The courts told me I had to continue to use HIS name until I received my final divorce papers. It is the same as signing someone Else's name. You can't do that!Can a separated woman use her maiden name as her signature if she's still legally married?
Her legal name is her married name, unless she changes it through the courts. However, I don't think her signature is invalid because she is signing it with her maiden name. After I got married and changed my name, I would slip and sign my maiden name. My bank still honored checks that I signed with my maiden name even though my name was changed on my account. I don't think it's a big deal unless she is trying to defraud someone.
She can use a maiden name on anything other than legal documents. Once she is divorced she can file to go back using her maiden name with the court. In some cases this can be done during the divorce procedures decree.
i think its invalid and she has to legally change it back.


check with:


http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/


if you're in the uk
No, not until she legally changes her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment