Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting married on Friday, Why does everyone keep asking me if I am nervous and scared?

my fiancee and i are both 19 and we are getting married on this friday. I am so unbelievably excited, the whole planning the wedding and putting it together has been a blast and now we are so close to the wedding and everyone keeps asking the two of us if we are scared or nervous we are both so excited but it is so frustrating because neither one of us is acting scared or nervous. I can't wait. I just want to know whyGetting married on Friday, Why does everyone keep asking me if I am nervous and scared?
Because most people grasp that whole massive life commmitment thing, and how big of a change it is and the breadth and depth of the whole entering into marraige stuff. But don't worry, you're not missing out on anything by not being terrified. Ignorance is bliss!Getting married on Friday, Why does everyone keep asking me if I am nervous and scared?
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. I think that is just the norm for people to ask that question. We are two weeks away from our wedding and we get asked the same question as well and were wondering the same thing! We were actually just saying earlier that we must be missing something because we arent scared or nervous. Enjoy your day and don't think about it...I am sure the nerves will come on the day of the wedding when you are trying to make sure everything is perfect.
i wouldnt know because im not married yet.. but i think its kind of like getting your license or something. it's exciting and something new and you get the jitters right before it happens. its not nervous in a bad way, just an excited ';ive never done this before'; way. congratulations! have a great wedding
I'll probably be nervous but mostly about everything going as planned. I hate when things don't go the way I plan them and I know at least one thing is gonna go wrong. That is the only thing that makes me nervous. Other than that I am excited too. Good luck!
Congratulations and have a wonderful wedding. Not sure why they are asking you that -- maybe they mean excited and it is just coming out the wrong way. No reason to be scared or nervous about your wedding.
Because before a big event, even a happy one, most people get nervous or scared.
Because people feel like they have to have something to talk about. And that's all they can think of. Give them a break. They're just making polite conversation (small talk) and don't mean it rudely, I'm sure.
They probably don't mean nervous in terms of the relationship, just nervous in terms of the whole 'all eyes on you' thing.
I guess because many people get cold feet as the date approaches. Good luck, have a wonderful wedding.
my wife and i hope you both will be very happy together
because most people are nervous and/or scared! If you aren't than that's a good thing.


congrats
Everyone asks that. Then they will all how ';how's married life'; the ';when's the baby coming';...it's just what people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment