Monday, May 10, 2010

I am granted asylum and if i get married before my gc does the girl gets work permit or what happens?

i got approved for asylum and i want to get married but i was wondering what happens to her after we get married. she is also with me in USA. can someone help.will she get work permit and will it affect me. I am granted asylum and if i get married before my gc does the girl gets work permit or what happens?
If you get married after being granted asylum, your spouse doesn't benefit from your status. If you had been married before the decision, she would have. As it stands now, she won't benefit at all until after you get green card status, file a petition for her and then wait for 5 years until it becomes valid for use. So, for now, she's not eligible for a work card based on your relationship, or any immigration status of any kind. Sorry, but that's the way it is. I am granted asylum and if i get married before my gc does the girl gets work permit or what happens?
Is she in the country legally or illegally? If legally, once you are married, you can sponsor her for a GC. If illegally, it will take a lot of work to get her legal, if it is even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment