Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do the married homosexuals in California have to have their marriage repealed?

.. Since proposition 8 was passed?Do the married homosexuals in California have to have their marriage repealed?
I think the point is not repeal marriages but establish that they were never pealed in the first place.Do the married homosexuals in California have to have their marriage repealed?
I don't think it works that way. Normally, amendments don't work retroactively. They are made effective when passed by the people. So if you were married before this you should be fine. Although it may not be recognized by law. Which is the problem with prop 8. I live in Mich but I did some research. I am not gay, but I support gay marriage for the simple fact of when a partner dies. From what I understand is that when a partner dies the other doesn't have any legal authority over shared children, or property and things of that sort, the family does. I feel if you invest that much time and love with a person you are in titled to it. Not the family.
I don't know, but for all those that are interested in what God has to say about homosexuality, you can read the Bible: Genesis 1:27, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Matthews 19:4-6, and Romans 1:24-32. Even if some feel they were born that way, the Bible tells us that the Blood of Jesus was shed for us to be BORN AGAIN. So you don't have to be like that if you're willing to ask Jesus into your life, and accept Him truly.



I think they do because ';marriage'; in California is between a man and a woman.
There is no marriage. Never has been.
Hmmm let's see....as of now they find themselves in ';Legal Limbo';.
No, they are still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment