Thursday, May 13, 2010

If my marriage was not registered am I legally married?

My husband and I got married last year (2008). But the marriage was not registered by the church, I need to know if we are legally married or not, because he wants a divorce and we dont know what to do.If my marriage was not registered am I legally married?
If your marriage license was not registered with your state, then you are not legally married.If my marriage was not registered am I legally married?
If you got a marriage license, the the marriage is legally recognized.


Also, depending on what state you live in, if you publicly declared that you are married and have lived together as a couple for a certain amount of time then you are also considered married.





Wants a divorce after one year? Yikes! Apparently not terribly committed to begin with, I'd say...
If you don't have a marriage certificate, then your marriage isn't legal. If you have the marriage certificate, your marriage is legal.
The law says you're married. And that law is above the church.
If it was not registered with your state, then it is not legal.
  • makeup brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment