Sunday, May 9, 2010

How do I address an envelope to un-married friends?

What is the correct way to address say a Christmas card/Wedding invite. Is it Mr A N Other and Miss B Thingy OR


Mr %26amp; Miss Other-Thingy OR just their christian namesHow do I address an envelope to un-married friends?
Informal (my brother living with his girlfriend):


John Smith


Mary Jones


3 Main Street...





Formal (invitation to mom's friends):


Mr. John Smith %26amp; Ms. Mary Jones


3 Main Street...





This is just how I do it and I think it looks good.How do I address an envelope to un-married friends?
Formal: Mr X or X Esq. and Miss, Mrs.M/s or just initials and surnames


Informal: Cuthbert and Gertrude
John Smith and Helen Whatnot
Mr. It and Ms. Thang
the first one
Mr A N Other and Miss B Thingy
Mr. A N Other and Miss B Thingy
Mr a and Ms thingy is correct grammer to use men are always Mr but ladies tend to be Miss or Ms
I'd say the first one. Hope I helped =]
jumble there sir names around and turn it into a light heated moment instead of worring if youve done the right thing and didnt want to offend
Mr A N Other and Miss B Thingy.





Always put their initials in, for all you know the brother/sister of one of them could have temporarily moved in. It get's confussing when post arrives at my house addressed to Mr Other, as it could be for my Dad or Brother.
first names - a %26amp; b
Ive been sending my unmarried friends' Christmas cards as Mr + Mrs. They've never complained.
If you are going for formal, you for (example) Mr. Tom Jones and Ms. Sarah Parker. If formality isn't an issue, just Tom and Sarah.
Mr A and Miss B
Both their first names are fine.
if you know them well go for forenames. Otherwise use their forenames and surnames together. Or initial and surname?
IN THIS SITUATION I HAVE ALWAYS USED JUST THEIR FIRST NAMES. YOU COULD USE FIRST AND LAST BUT TAKES UP A LOT OF SPACE.
John Smith and Carol Jones


123 Anywhere Street


Anytown, WI 46521
Mr A %26amp; Miss B
the formal way would be to put both their names on it but me and my boyfriend dont really care what people address us as (within reason :)! ). If they are friends then I doubt they'd care either
Formal Correspondence such as a wedding invitation should be addressed to:





Mr. John Doe and Ms. Susan Smith (or Miss Susan Smith)


or


Mr. J. Doe and Ms. S. Smith (or Miss S. Smith)


or


Mr. Doe and Ms. Smith (or Miss Smith)





If it is more casual correspondence, you can send it as:


Johnny Doe and Susie Smith





Never send any letter with just first names. You must always include the surname. (A Christian name is not the same thing as the first name - or even as a first and second name.)


You should not hyphenate the names unless they tell you they are married and chose to hyphenate their names.
first names - a %26amp; b

No comments:

Post a Comment