Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am a american getting married to a british citizen in england?

I would like to apply for a discretionary leave here. Once I am married my husband here will be able to support me. How long should I wait to apply for a discretionary leave? and how successful are they ?I am a american getting married to a british citizen in england?
Highly unlikely. Discretionary leave to remain is granted to certain asylum seekers who are not deemed to recquire leave to remain based on humanitarian reasons.





In your previous question, you stated that you are getting married in October. The fact that you planned the wedding and entered the UK without declaring that you intended to marry, is an immigration violation. Any immigration lawyer will tell you that you stand very little chance of being considered as an exception if you have broken the law.





Stick to the legal process. you are just digging youself into a hole that is going to be very costly and time consuming to get of. You could even jeapordise your chances of getting a spouse visa entirely.I am a american getting married to a british citizen in england?
You have to apply for a marriage visa. That gives you 6 months leave to remain %26amp; you must get married in that time. After that you have to apply for another visa which gives you indefinite leave to remain. I think after 3 years now you can go for citizenship. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment