Friday, January 15, 2010

I am getting married for the second time. What church can I marry in?

We are both catholic, but can;t marry there due to divorce.I am getting married for the second time. What church can I marry in?
I don't know where you live or when you plan on marrying but my second marriage was outside. It was a nice warm sunny day and we had it all decorated. I would just contact different preachers and see who would marry you. I wouldn't mention your second marriage unless asked. It shouldn't be any of their business what marriage it is. I dont believe in divorce but some marriages just can't be saved. Good luck!I am getting married for the second time. What church can I marry in?
If you don't want to go through the annulment process in the Catholic church, then check out other Christian churches in your area.


Most will marry you. I found the Methodist church to be very lenient when I got married (I didn't have a ';home'; church as I had moved and didn't want to rush to join a church just so they would marry me). I've also heard that Unitarian Churches are easy-going.
There are a lot of specific planning and etiquette questions that come up when planning a second wedding. Fortunately, you can find a lot of answers to these questions online. Have you ever been to http://second.weddings.com/? They have everything from bridal party etiquette tips to a checklist for the second-wedding bride.





Good luck planning, and I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment